Book now Drop us a line or see the friendly team at Sanctuary Stays
Our Port Douglas Self Pickup location is at Sanuctuary Stays tours and accomodation booking office, conveniently located on Grant St.
Opening hours are:
8am – 4:30pm (closed for lunch between 12-12:30pm)
Seven days a week.
The team on site are super friendly. Upon pickup, simply show your Pedro’s email booking confirmation, a copy of your drivers license and they’ll be sure to help you on your way.
The gear in a Pedro’s Pack is well suited for jetty fishing, also for the variety of fish species commonly caught at the Sugar Wharf Terminal, Port Douglas.
The Sugar Wharf is a great fishing location, it’s popularity due to it’s easy walking distance from town with parking close by. Offers lighting and overall a nice high and safe wharf.
Situated at the mouth of Dicksons Inlet gets good tidal run and a variety of quality fish species are often caught here.
Best fishing times:
Dusk and Dawn are especially scenic times, these same times also offer an increase chance of action!
The first hour of tidal movement, from high to low and also from low to high are also good times to be soaking a bait!
Look at your tide guide if you happen to find the tide patterns just mentioned coincide with dusk or dawn. Get in, get on!
What’s Included in a Port Douglas Fishing Pack:
- 1 x rod (height 6’10”) two piece, with a 4000 size reel & 30 lb mono line
- Hand line 40lb
- One fishing chair with built-in rod holder
- Soft tackle bag organiser
- Tackle box includes various size hooks, sinkers & swivels.
- Wire trace, float and lip grips
- Fishing knife & bent nose pliers.
- Chopping board, tape measure
- Main storage bucket 20 Lt, plus nesting bait bucket 10 Lt
- A basic first aid kit
- Printed tide guide and fish guide
- Mobile friendly, local fishing info, locations, fish guide and more
Bait: A variety of bait can be purchased from the Mobil Service Station just round the corner on Warner St. Google Maps Link
- Extra adult rods @ $10 each. A one off cost for the duration of hire
- Kids rods @ $5.00 each for the duration of hire
- Extra Chair with built in rod holder $5.00
A printed Fish/Tide Guide is included with every pack. Plus Pedro’s online Fish Guide or get the highly recommended App Store QLD Fishing 2.0 app or, Google Play QLD Fishing 2.0 app as a your ultimate Fish Guide reference.
As a visitor to Port Douglas, for your ultimate safety we simply and strongly advise you fish from a jetty or wharf, where you can fish day or night with confidence knowing you are up high and safe from the waters edge.
If you catch fish or not, we hope that a Pedro’s pack can provide an experience of the pastime that is fishing. A chance to get back to nature, relax and enjoy some quality time with family and friends!